This wonderful coq au vin is dripping with taste! Soaked in probably the most wonderful flavors, this rooster comes out juicy, tender, and filled with the BEST style!
In case you love drumsticks and rooster thighs as a lot as I do then you’ll LOVE this recipe. In reality, you’ll want to do this Air Fryer Chicken Thighs recipe, these Baked Chicken Thighs, and this Chicken Adobo too!
What IS Coq au Vin?
Earlier than you begin cooking up this amazingly scrumptious rooster, let me let you know about what it’s! Coq au Vin is a dish that began in France. It’s a French rooster stew with drumsticks and rooster thighs. They’re braised in a scrumptious wine sauce after which baked to perfection! And, to prime it off, this dish can also be full of bacon, mushrooms, and carrots. It’s a recipe that after you’ve tried, you’ll return to time and again!
I do know that the title sounds fancy. And whereas it additionally appears to be like fancy, anybody could make it! It’s tremendous simple and solely takes about an hour to make. And that features baking time! This dish makes loads however I at all times prefer to serve it with some rolls, a side salad, and a simple dessert simply to complete off the meal! This dish will for certain impress any visitor and they’ll depart your own home asking for the recipe! Go forward and take a look at it! It’s SOO GOOD!
Elements in Coq au Vin
Whereas there are a bunch of elements on this meal, they’re all fairly easy! And when you style all of them collectively, you’ll love the outcome! See the recipe card under for an inventory of actual ingredient measurements.
- Bacon: I used bacon on this recipe however you might completely use pancetta as a substitute!
- Drumsticks and rooster thighs: Utilizing darkish meat is a key to getting that juicy and tender texture!
- Onion: The onion taste isn’t robust however provides SO a lot to the style!
- Carrots: Make certain to peel your carrots and lower them up into even 1 inch items.
- Garlic cloves: In case you don’t have any recent garlic cloves readily available then you possibly can go forward and use the minced garlic out of your fridge! ½ tsp equals about 1 clove of garlic.
- Tomato paste: Tomato paste is used to make the sauce thicker and add taste.
- Hen broth: I used rooster broth however you should use beef broth when you have that as a substitute.
- Purple wine: You need to use any crimson wine of your alternative! In case you aren’t certain which sort to make use of then strive Pinot Noir.
- Flour: All goal flour works positive on this recipe!
- Mushrooms: Slice up your mushrooms in order that they’re the identical measurement. This may assist them prepare dinner evenly.
Let’s Begin Cooking!
Taking an hour out of your day to make this for dinner goes to be SO price it! This coq au vin is exclusive and scrumptious!!
- Preheat oven and prepare dinner bacon till it crumbles: Preheat oven to 350 levels. In a big dutch oven or forged iron pan add the bacon and prepare dinner and crumble till crisp. Take away with a slotted spoon.
- Sear the rooster: Add the rooster and sear on either side for 2-3 minutes till golden brown. Take away and put aside on a plate.
- Add the greens: Add the onion, carrots and garlic and sauté till nearly tender 3-4 minutes.
- Make the sauce and braise: Add within the tomato paste, rooster broth and wine. Carry to a boil after which add the rooster again to the pan. Cowl the pan and place within the oven to let braise for half-hour.
- Take out the rooster: Take away the pan from the oven and set on the range. Rigorously take away the lid and take out the rooster and set it apart.
- Thicken the sauce: Take ½ cup of the sauce and whisk it with the flour. Put it again in with the greens with the mushrooms and bacon and prepare dinner till the sauce has thickened and mushrooms are tender.
- Simmer: Add the rooster again to the pot and let it simmer till heated all through.
Coq au vin is up on the prime of my record for the very best rooster stew! Its flavors are so deep and scrumptious. It’s a dish that your whole household goes to like!
- The sauce will thicken: Your sauce will thicken because it cools. So if its not precisely as thick as you need if you take it off of the range them don’t fear! By the point you serve it, it is going to be good!
- Trim the fats: generally rooster thighs have some further fats on them. Trim off the entire fats earlier than you prepare dinner them in order that they’re able to eat when you find yourself all achieved!
Learn how to Retailer Leftovers
This coq au vin is a type of recipes that I like simply as a lot, if no more, the subsequent day! Right here is how one can retailer it to eat it for later!
- Fridge: As soon as the coq au vin has cooled then place it into an hermetic container. Put it in your fridge and you’ll retailer it there for as much as 5 days!
- Freezer: Retailer it in an hermetic container or bag that’s labeled with the date. It’ll final iin your freezer for as much as 3 months!
- Reheating: If it’s frozen, place it within the fridge to thaw in a single day. As soon as it’s thawed, then you possibly can simply reheat it on the stovetop! Carry it to a boil, then simmer it on the range for five minutes. Proceed to prepare dinner till it’s heated via.
Add the rooster and sear on either side for 2-3 minutes till golden brown. Take away and put aside on a plate.
Add the onion, carrots, and garlic and sauté till nearly tender 3-4 minutes.
Add within the tomato paste, rooster broth, and wine. Carry to a boil after which add the rooster again to the pan. Cowl the pan and place within the oven to let braise for half-hour.
Take away the pan from the oven and set it on the range. Rigorously take away the lid and take out the rooster and set it apart.
Take ½ cup of the sauce and whisk it with the flour. Put it again in with the greens with the mushrooms and bacon and prepare dinner till the sauce has thickened and mushrooms are tender.
Add the rooster again to the pot and let it simmer till heated all through.
Energy426kcal (21%)Carbohydrates13g (4%)Protein26g (52%)Fats30g (46%)Saturated Fats9g (45%)Polyunsaturated Fats6gMonounsaturated Fats13gTrans Fats1gLdl cholesterol129mg (43%)Sodium698mg (29%)Potassium701mg (20%)Fiber2g (8%)Sugar4g (4%)Vitamin A8189IU (164%)Vitamin C12mg (15%)Calcium42mg (4%)Iron2mg (11%)
All dietary data relies on third social gathering calculations and is barely an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will differ relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.