Breweries are an integral part of the culture and economy of the United States. From small, local operations to large, multinational corporations, breweries produce a wide range of beers that appeal to all kinds of drinkers. In this essay, we’ll take a look at 11 of our favorite breweries in the U.S.
- Dogfish Head Brewery in Milton, Delaware is known for their experimental and off-centered beers. Their flagship 60 Minute IPA is a fan favorite, but they also have a rotating selection of unique and innovative brews, like the bourbon barrel-aged Vanilla Bean Buffalo Trace Stout.
- Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. in Chico, California is a pioneer in the craft beer movement. Their Pale Ale is a classic, but they also have a wide range of seasonal and specialty beers, including the popular Oktoberfest and Celebration Ale.
- New Belgium Brewing in Fort Collins, Colorado is another staple in the craft beer industry. Their Fat Tire Amber Ale is a classic, but they also have a variety of sour beers, lagers, and stouts. They are also known for their commitment to sustainability and environmental responsibility.
- Bell’s Brewery in Kalamazoo, Michigan is a family-owned brewery that has been producing high-quality beers since 1985. Their Two Hearted Ale is a top-rated IPA, but they also have a wide range of stouts, lagers, and seasonals.
- Stone Brewing in Escondido, California is known for its bold and flavorful beers, like the Arrogant Bastard Ale and the RuinTen Triple IPA. They also have a selection of barrel-aged and sour beers.
- Brooklyn Brewery in Brooklyn, New York is a popular destination for beer lovers visiting the city. Their Brooklyn Lager is a classic, but they also have a wide range of seasonal and specialty beers, including the popular Sorachi Ace Saison.
- The Alchemist in Stowe, Vermont is known for their Heady Topper Double IPA, which is consistently ranked as one of the best beers in the world. They also have a small selection of other hoppy beers.
- Odell Brewing Co. in Fort Collins, Colorado is a family-owned brewery that has been producing high-quality beers since 1989. Their 90 Shilling Amber Ale is a classic, but they also have a wide range of seasonal and specialty beers.
- Great Lakes Brewing Co. in Cleveland, Ohio is a popular brewery in the Midwest. Their flagship beer is the Dortmunder Gold Lager, but they also have a wide range of ales, stouts, and seasonals.
- Sun King Brewery in Indianapolis, Indiana is a popular brewery in the Midwest. They have a wide range of beers, including the popular Sunlight Cream Ale and the Wee Mac Scottish Ale.
- Three Floyds Brewing Co. in Munster, Indiana is a popular brewery known for their hoppy beers, like the Zombie Dust Pale Ale and the Alpha King American Pale Ale. They also have a selection of stouts and barrel-aged beers.
Overall, these 11 breweries are just a small sample of the incredible range of high-quality beers being produced in the U.S. From coast to coast, there are countless breweries producing innovative and delicious beers that are sure to please any beer lover.