The second race of the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend Dopey Problem was a 10K on Friday. I took lots of video in the course of the race, however it was tremendous darkish so it’s arduous to really see the race course or actually something. However I did get lots of nice race pictures, so I’ll submit some video to my Instagram tales and save the to the highlights. Take a look at @RunEatRepeat Instagram highlights beneath ‘Dopey Problem’ to see that.
In honor of the 10K… let’s do the TOP 10 Photographs from the race.
1. I bought to the shuttle bus early and no different runners had been on it but (I awakened the identical time because the day earlier than however bought prepared quicker as a result of I didn’t have to twist my hair). I requested the resort coordinator to snap a ‘earlier than’ image. ‘Earlier than’ as in earlier than I get my Belle working costume sweaty and disgusting.
I dressed at Belle from the start of Magnificence and the Beast aka ‘countryside Belle’ in her easy blue costume. I wore a working tank with material for the collar/sleeve, a blue Sparkle Skirt and an apron.
I’ve seen some runners on this costume carry a e book and faux to learn it as they ran, however it was already a Christmas miracle that I dragged my redhead all the best way from California with 4 working costumes, 4 units of working gear (I can’t re-wear something as a result of I’m a sweat ball) and a couple of pairs of trainers in my carry-on. So, I don’t have the time for a prop e book. Plus, I take heed to audio-books whereas working and suppose Belle could be open to that new environment friendly know-how.
2. There’s a safety test level while you get on the bus after which a lil stroll to the beginning line space. We cross proper in entrance of Epcot and lots of people stopped to snap selfies right here. I did an Instagram video most days (did you see it? Watch my IG tales as a result of it’s kinda the most effective stuff).
3. This isn’t a high second – however I’m grateful it occurred for the 10K and never the complete marathon… so total it’s factor.
After we bought to Epcot I spotted my working watch was on 10% battery. i debated throwing it in my drop bag because it’d positively die in the course of the race. I believe I had it plugged right into a damaged usb outlet on the resort. Womp womp.
I ended up carrying it for the race, however it shut down earlier than I completed.
Aaand – I spotted it was only one:14AM pacific time (it didn’t replace time zones auto-magically like telephones do). Simply seeing that it was the midnight and I used to be about to run 6.2 miles made me dizzy. On the intense facet – go me… for waking up a 2nd day in a row at such a ridic hour. We will do arduous issues!
4. I hit up the restrooms outdoors of Epcot, dropped off my bag with gEar Verify and headed to the beginning line.
I used to be there with loads of time to get into my corral and take heed to the announcers hype the group of runners. (Spoiler alert: My timing wouldn’t be nearly as good later within the race weekend)
5. The race began at 5AM and dawn wasn’t till 7:19AM – so the complete race was at midnight. This made it arduous to take pictures or video to share suggestions and notes on the course. I put collectively a brilliant quick video that’s on my Instagram when you don’t thoughts darkish video – @RunEatRepeat.
Fortunately, the official race pictures had some winners.
The Disney 5K Race Course
6. The 6.2 mile course began within the Epcot parking zone. The primary 3 miles had been on darkish service roads. There have been character photograph stops unfold out alongside the course (together with outdoors of the theme parks). There was a fast run by means of Hollywood Studios round mile 4. And the race’s massive finale is working by means of World Showcase in Epcot. The end line is simply outdoors the park after you cross beneath the enduring dome.
Right here’s the Walt Disney World 10K Race Course Map.
7. I ended for a couple of character photograph ops… mainly any time there was a brief line OR when it was a personality I actually wished a photograph with.
Close to the top of the race in Epcot I ended once I noticed Winnie the Pooh, however after a couple of minutes the cast-member handler of Pooh stated he was taking a break. We had been welcome to attend, however it was going to be some time. I took the L and bought again to working.
I did get one first rate character photograph from this race although…
8. General, the race course was flat and never too crowded.
It was good working climate for Florida (notice: it’s not superb working climate generally, however nearly as good because it will get in Florida. I’m born, raised and dwelling in Southern California and am not used to humidity or precise chilly – so I respect when it’s delicate). It was sprinkling as I walked to the bus, however had stopped by the point I bought to the beginning line.
And the Run Disney neighborhood is all the time a enjoyable, welcoming crowd – so I really like the great vibes.
9. Publish-Race I bought an image with my medal, discovered the bus again to my resort and was again earlier than dawn!
10. I stayed on the Dolphin Resort the night time earlier than the 5K and 10K races (extra on resort & different prep coming in a separate submit).
After a fast bathe we hit up the resort’s breakfast buffet. It was a reasonably small set-up… scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes – served by a chef. Self serve – muffins, pastries and fruit. However our waitress talked about we may order eggs cooked one other means from her – so I ordered eggs from her and hit up the buffet for some treats.
Subsequent up: Disney World Half Marathon Recap! Be sure you’re following @RunEatRepeat on Instagram for that and extra.
Extra Run Disney posts: