Meatballs are a classic and delicious dish that can be enjoyed as a main course or as an appetizer. While store-bought meatballs can be convenient, homemade meatballs are easy to make and taste much fresher and more flavorful. Plus, making your own allows you to customize the ingredients to your taste.
Here is a simple recipe for homemade meatballs that is sure to become a family favorite:
- 1 pound ground meat (beef, pork, turkey, or a mixture)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground meat, egg, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, milk, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Mix everything together until well combined.
- Roll the mixture into small balls, about the size of a golf ball. You should be able to make about 20-24 meatballs.
- Place the meatballs on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Bake the meatballs in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until they are cooked through and browned on the outside.
- Serve the meatballs hot with your favorite sauce, such as marinara or Alfredo, and enjoy!
- For a bit of extra flavor, you can add a few tablespoons of chopped fresh herbs, such as basil or parsley, to the meatball mixture.
- If you like a little kick, you can add a pinch of red pepper flakes or a teaspoon of diced jalapeno peppers to the mixture.
- For a slightly different twist, you can try using ground lamb or ground chicken instead of beef or pork.
Making homemade meatballs is a simple and satisfying way to enjoy this classic dish. With this easy recipe, you can have delicious meatballs on the table in no time.