In case you have leftover ham out of your vacation dinner then this casserole is for you! Scrumptious noodles topped with cheese sauce, ham, broccoli, and crispy bread crumbs, this dish will probably be a household favourite!
Tacky Ham and Broccoli Casserole
In my view, there isn’t something a lot better than after I can use my leftovers to make one other scrumptious meal. Perhaps even a meal higher than the primary! I often prepare dinner up some ham on Christmas (I would make this apricot glazed ham this 12 months as an alternative). However the factor is, these meals make SO a lot ham that I all the time have rather a lot leftover.
That’s the place this dish is available in! It’s so good that it doesn’t even style like leftovers and it makes use of up all of my further meals from the night time earlier than. I’d say that’s a win-win. This casserole has all of it. Noodles, sauce, veggies, and ham. So, for those who simply wished to prepare dinner up some fast rolls to go along with this then you may be all set! Simple, scrumptious, and a meal that my whole household can agree on… Have I satisfied you to attempt it but??
Substances You Must Make Leftover Ham Casserole
Okay, so I do know that the title says “leftover” ham however you’ll be able to completely simply exit and purchase some ham to make use of! See the recipe card on the backside of the put up for the precise measurements.
- Rotini noodles: When you don’t have these noodles then you’ll be able to attempt massive elbow noodles or bowtie pasta as an alternative.
- Butter: I used unsalted butter on this recipe.
- Flour: All purpoe flour works nice!
- Salt and Pepper: That is used to season the dish and improve all the different flavors.
- Rooster broth: Utilizing rooster broth provides in some further taste.
- Heavy cream: This creates the creaminess that makes the sauce style so good!
- Sharp cheddar: When you shred this from a block (as an alternative of getting it pre-packaged on the retailer) then it should soften higher within the sauce.
- Ham: I chop up my leftover ham however you should use no matter ham that you’ve got at your home.
- Broccoli: Steam up your broccoli and chop it up earlier than you set it into the casserole.
- Bread crumbs: These are blended with the butter and placed on prime to offer it that crispy texture when it’s completed cooking.
- Parmesan cheese: This goes on prime!
Let’s Make a Casserole!
This tacky, leftover ham and broccoli casserole goes to knock your socks off if you style it! Oh, and did I point out that it’s tremendous fast and straightforward to make? Go forward and take a look at it!
- Cook dinner the pasta: Boil the pasta based on bundle instructions. Drain and put aside.
- Make the sauce: Preheat oven to 350 levels and spray a 9×13 inch pan with a non stick cooking spray. In a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high warmth, soften the butter. Whisk within the flour, salt, and pepper to create a roux. Slowly whisk within the rooster broth after which the heavy cream and whisk till it begins to thicken. Add within the cheddar and proceed to whisk till melted.
- Mix into baking dish: In a big bowl combing the ham, broccoli, pasta, and cheese sauce. Unfold into your 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Soften and mix: In a small bowl mix melted butter, bread crumbs, and parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle on prime of casserole: Prime with the topping and bake for 20-25 minutes or till bubbly.
Suggestions for Baking a Casserole
I like a very good casserole and I would like this leftover ham casserole to end up completely for you. Listed here are a couple of suggestions that I feel will provide help to out.
- Small items of ham: Guarantee that if you minimize up your ham that it’s in chunk sized items. It mixes higher and is less complicated to eat!
- Breadcrumbs: You need to use any sorts of breadcrumbs. I often simply use conventional breadcrumbs however you should use panko and even seasoned breadcrumbs for those who like that flavoring!
- Pasta: You need to use no matter pasta that you’ve got available. Roniti, penne, bowtie, and so on. If you wish to make this dish a bit more healthy then use some entire wheat pasta as an alternative.
Methods to Retailer Leftovers
Storing leftovers of leftovers sounds loopy! However this leftover tacky ham and broccoli casserole is scrumptious the following day! You may even make it forward of time so that you could bake it up good and contemporary if you want it!
- Making forward: This may be made as much as 24 hours upfront. Simply cowl and retailer within the fridge till able to bake. Then, comply with the baking directions that you’ll find on the recipe card.
- Freezer: If you wish to freeze this to make later then it’s finest to freeze it earlier than you bake it. Cowl the pan tightly with foil and write down the instructions on prime of the container (together with the date). Take away the casserole from the freezer and let it thaw within the fridge throughout the day earlier than baking. It will freeze for 1 month.
- Reheat it: Due to the tacky sauce on this casserole, it reheats rather well and gained’t dry out. To reheat leftovers, warmth your oven to 350 levels Fahrenheit and bakes for 20-25 minutes or till it’s warmed all through. You don’t want to over bake.
Boil the pasta based on bundle instructions. Drain and put aside.
Preheat the oven to 350 levels and spray a 9×13 inch pan with a non-stick cooking spray. In a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high warmth, soften the butter. Whisk within the flour, salt, and pepper to create a roux. Slowly whisk within the rooster broth after which the heavy cream and whisk till it begins to thicken. Add within the cheddar and proceed to whisk till melted.
In a big bowl mix the ham, broccoli, pasta, and cheese sauce. Unfold into your 9×13 inch baking dish.
To make the topping:
In a small bowl mix melted butter, bread crumbs, and parmesan cheese.
Prime with the topping and bake for 20-25 minutes or till bubbly.
Serving8individualsEnergy582kcal (29%)Carbohydrates42g (14%)Protein17g (34%)Fats38g (58%)Saturated Fats22g (110%)Polyunsaturated Fats2gMonounsaturated Fats12gTrans Fats1gLdl cholesterol129mg (43%)Sodium917mg (38%)Potassium293mg (8%)Fiber2g (8%)Sugar2g (2%)Vitamin A1180IU (24%)Vitamin C3mg (4%)Calcium104mg (10%)Iron2mg (11%)
All dietary info is predicated on third get together calculations and is barely an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will range relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.