This leftover turkey casserole is creamy and scrumptious! Made together with your leftover turkey, it’s the best recipe to make simply after Thanksgiving! It’s SOO GOOD!
What’s Leftover Turkey Casserole?
In case you are in search of the right (scrumptious and straightforward!) recipe to make use of up all of that leftover turkey you then’ve come to the best place! I couldn’t be extra enthusiastic about this leftover turkey casserole. When you make it, you’ll nearly be extra enthusiastic about this than you might be about Thanksgiving dinner! The truth is, I really like this a lot that I cook dinner a bigger turkey in order that I’ve sufficient leftovers to make this!
This leftover turkey casserole is made with turkey, veggies, gravy, and cornbread. It’s every part that you simply love about Thanksgiving dinner, multi function dish! And never solely does it style heavenly nevertheless it’s SO straightforward to make! It solely takes a couple of minutes to place it collectively. It’s develop into a convention at our home to make this simply after Thanksgiving. It’s been a good way to maintain that Thanksgiving spirit round just a little longer! Attempt it… I wager that it’s going to develop into a convention for you too!
Elements for Leftover Turkey Casserole
One factor that I really like about this recipe is that it doesn’t style like leftovers! Plus, you most likely have a lot of the components available and able to go! See the recipe card under for a listing of actual measurements.
- Butter: I be certain to make use of unsalted butter for this recipe. That means I don’t have to alter the quantity of salt.
- Flour: I used all goal flour for this recipe and it really works nice!
- Kosher salt: This can assist to boost the flavors of the entire different components.
- Black pepper: The black pepper is used as the principle seasoning.
- Turkey inventory: If you wish to then you need to use the drippings that you’ve got leftover out of your Thanksgiving dinner as a substitute!
- Heavy cream: I take advantage of this as a substitute of milkbecause of the feel that it provides to the sauce.
- Sharp cheddar: For those who dont have any sharp cheddar then you can use provolone or mozzarella as a substitute!
- Turkey meat: You should use mild or darkish meat for dish. Reduce it up into cubes and you might be good to go!
- Cornbread cubes: For those who don’t love cornbread then you need to use common stuffing cubes as a substitute.
- Frozen veggies: I used frozen peas, chopped carrots, frozen inexperienced beans, and frozen corn!
Let’s Make a Casserole!
This solely takes 5 minutes to throw collectively! It’s tremendous straightforward and I really like that my children ask for it! That’s what I name a win-win!
- Preheat: Preheat the oven to 350 levels.
- Soften butter, add in dry components and whisk: Add the butter to a big saucepan on medium warmth. Soften the butter, then add the flour, salt, and pepper. Whisk effectively till absolutely mixed and let cook dinner for 1 minute.
- Add inventory: Add within the inventory and whisk till absolutely mixed.
- Combine in cream and cheese: Combine within the heavy cream slowly in small increments and whisk till absolutely mixed. Add within the cheddar and whisk till melted.
- Put in baking pan: Flip off the warmth and take out a baking pan. Add the turkey and cornbread to the pan.
- High with components and add cheese sauce: High with the remaining components. Pour the cheese sauce over the baking pan.
- Bake: Bake, lined for 20 minutes, then 10 minutes uncovered.
Change It Up With These Combine-Ins!
This leftover turkey casserole is severely so good. Listed here are a couple of concepts on completely different mix-in components that you need to use to alter it up!
- Stuffing cubes: I used cornbread as a result of that’s our conventional bread choice. However, you need to use common stuffing as a substitute!
- Leftover veggies: You probably have any roasted leftover greens out of your Thanksgiving dinner then use these. Or each! Mixing and matchin makes this dish style so good!
- Gravy: In order for you a darker gravy, let your roux cook dinner just a little bit longer to brown. I additionally added tremendous sharp cheddar to the gravy.
- Add one thing candy: If you wish to add in one thing a bit candy then dot the highest together with your favourite cranberry sauce! That provides an excellent coloration and makes it look and style so good!
- Use rice as a substitute: For those who’re not a fan of stuffing then you possibly can skip the breading altogether! As an alternative, you can use brown rice or wild rice!
- Meat: You should use darkish meat or mild meat on this casserole! The truth is, if you wish to make this at different instances of the 12 months then use a rotisserie hen. Rather than the turkey drippings then you possibly can simply use hen broth (or inventory) as a substitute!
- Cheese: I used sharp cheddar cheese however provalone, swiss or mozzarella would work nice too!
How you can Retailer Leftovers
I do know, I do know… storing leftovers of leftovers is loopy! Loopy good! Right here’s how one can retailer this leftover turkey casserole to eat later! It makes an excellent lunch the following day!
- Fridge: As soon as your casserole has cooled then place it in an hermetic container. Put it in your fridge and it’ll final for 3-4 days!
- Reheat: You’ll be able to eaily simply reheat your casserole within the microwave! Cook dinner it on excessive for 1-2 minutes or till heated by way of.
Preheat oven to 350 levels. In a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high warmth, soften the butter. Whisk within the flour, salt, and pepper to create a roux. Slowly whisk within the turkey inventory after which the heavy cream and whisk till it begins to thicken. Add within the cheddar and proceed to whisk till melted.
In a big bowl add the turkey, 1 cup of cornbread, peas, carrots, inexperienced beans, and corn. Add within the cheese sauce and blend till included.
Unfold evenly right into a 9×13 inch pan. High with remaining cornbread. Cowl with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Take away foil and bake till golden for 10 extra minutes.
Initially Posted on November 19, 2017
Energy510kcal (26%)Carbohydrates20g (7%)Protein50g (100%)Fats27g (42%)Saturated Fats15g (75%)Ldl cholesterol185mg (62%)Sodium841mg (35%)Potassium692mg (20%)Fiber2g (8%)Sugar5g (6%)Vitamin A3655IU (73%)Vitamin C7mg (8%)Calcium183mg (18%)Iron2mg (11%)
All dietary info is predicated on third get together calculations and is just an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will range relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.