Looking for a tasty and healthy vegan recipe? This lemon chickpea soup is perfect! It’s made with chickpeas, lemon, and a few simple spices, and it’s easy to make in just a few steps.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent about 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth, chickpeas, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper to the pot. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer and let it cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup until it is smooth. Alternatively, you can transfer the soup to a blender and puree it in batches.
- Add the lemon juice to the soup and stir to combine.
- Serve the soup hot, garnished with chopped parsley. Enjoy!