This straightforward makeover Spinach Gratin is creamy and decadent, with a touch of nutmeg baked within the oven topped with melted Gruyere cheese for a should at your Vacation desk!
Makeover Spinach Gratin
I carry this dish to my mother’s yearly for Thanksgiving as a result of everybody loves it! A lot lighter than a conventional gratin and really easy to make! It is a should for the vacations however if you wish to make this for a smaller gathering, you possibly can simply make half of the recipe. Extra gratin recipes I like Brussels sprouts gratin, Spiralized Turnip and Potato Au Gratin with Turkey or the basic Scalloped Potatoes Au Gratin.
In the event you don’t know what a gratin is, it’s principally creamed spinach topped with cheese and baked within the oven.
- I used Gruyere right here however Swiss or Mozzarella would work.
- It’s also possible to skip the melted cheese on prime and serve it as a easy creamed spinach as a substitute.
- Make this gluten-free utilizing an all goal gluten-free flour combine, resembling Cup4cup.
How To Make Spinach Gratin
Extra Vegetable Facet Dishes:
Makeover Spinach Gratin
Creamy spinach with a touch of nutmeg is baked within the oven topped with melted cheese for a decadent Vacation aspect dish.
- 3 tbsp whipped butter, I used Land O Lakes
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup flour, use Gluten free AP flour for GF
- 1/4 tsp contemporary grated nutmeg
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 3 lbs frozen chopped spinach, defrosted, I used 3 16-oz packages
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly floor black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss or Gruyere cheese
Preheat the oven to 425F°.
In a heavy-bottomed saute pan soften the butter over medium warmth. Add the onions and sauté till translucent, about 10 – 12 minutes.
Add the flour and nutmeg; cook dinner 2 extra minutes, stirring sometimes.
Add the milk and cook dinner till thickened, about 5 – 7 minutes.
Squeeze as a lot liquid as potential from the spinach and add the spinach to the sauce.
Add 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese and blend nicely. Season to style, with salt and pepper.
Switch the spinach to a big baking dish and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan and the Swiss cheese on prime. Bake for 20 minutes till sizzling and bubbly. Serve sizzling.
Serving: 1/2 cup, Energy: 111kcal, Carbohydrates: 9.2g, Protein: 7.7g, Fats: 5.5g, Saturated Fats: 2.5g, Ldl cholesterol: 17.5mg, Sodium: 287mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 2.6g
Blue Good Factors: 3
Inexperienced Good Factors: 3
Purple Good Factors: 3
Factors +: 3
Key phrases: creamed spinach gratin, Methods to make Spinach Gratin, spinach au gratin, Spinach Gratin