Mushroom-Spinach Scrambled Eggs is certainly one of my go-to fast and straightforward vegetarian, high-protein breakfast recipes.
Mushroom-Spinach Scrambled Eggs
This fast breakfast scramble for one is excessive in protein and low in carbs. I at all times like to include at the very least 20 grams of protein after a exercise, and this scramble is a wholesome option to obtain that purpose with actual meals quite than protein shakes. If you want, you too can add cheese. A few of my different favourite scrambled egg recipes are these Huevos Pericos and Meal Prep Breakfast Taco Scramble.
These wholesome mushroom scrambled eggs have 24 grams of protein. Mixing an egg white in with my eggs is a straightforward method so as to add lean protein whereas nonetheless getting the well being advantages of the yolk with the opposite two eggs. Most of eggs’ vitamin really comes from the yolk, so that you positively don’t need to skip it!
What are the advantages of consuming mushrooms?
Mushrooms are a “rich, low-calorie source of vitamin B, fiber, protein, and antioxidants.” They may also help decrease blood strain and increase your immune system. In case you are curious about including more mushrooms to your food regimen, you must take a look at this Mushroom Stroganoff and Braised Chicken Thighs with Mushrooms and Leeks.
- Eggs: You’ll be able to simply add an additional egg or use one much less relying on how hungry you might be. If you wish to use three complete eggs as a substitute of the one egg white, be at liberty.
- Mushrooms: Use shiitake or child bella mushrooms. In the event you’re not a fan of mushrooms, swap them for one more veggie, like chopped broccoli, bell pepper, or zucchini.
- Spinach: In the event you don’t have recent spinach, frozen will work.
- Cheese: Add some gruyere, cheddar, feta or mozzarella cheese in your scramble.
- Warmth: Add sizzling sauce for some further spice.
- Serving Dimension: You’ll be able to simply double or triple this egg recipe if you want to feed extra individuals.
Extra Egg Recipes You’ll Love:
Mushroom-Spinach Scrambled Eggs
Mushroom-Spinach Scrambled Eggs is certainly one of my go-to recipes for a fast high-protein, low-carb breakfast.
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup onions
- 1 1/2 cups skinny sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup recent child spinach
- 2 massive eggs
- 1 massive egg whites
- 1 teaspoon water
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cheese equivalent to gruyere, cheddar or DF cheese, (non-compulsory)
In a small bowl, whisk eggs, egg white, 1 tablespoon water, 1/8 tsp salt and pepper till blended.
In a medium nonstick skillet, warmth oil over medium warmth.
Add onions and prepare dinner till tender and golden, 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the mushrooms and prepare dinner and stir 3-4 minutes or till tender. Add spinach; prepare dinner and stir till wilted.
Add egg combination; prepare dinner and stir simply till eggs are thickened and no liquid egg stays. If you wish to add cheese, add it with the eggs.
Serving: 1scramble, Energy: 388kcal, Carbohydrates: 10.5g, Protein: 24.5g, Fats: 28.5g, Saturated Fats: 7.5g, Ldl cholesterol: 386mg, Sodium: 310mg, Fiber: 2.5g, Sugar: 5.5g
Key phrases: mushroom scramble