Making roasted cauliflower steaks is the easiest way to point out all this veggie has to supply! They’re amazingly tender and tossed in a mouthwatering mix of garlic, paprika, and parmesan.
Utilizing cauliflower is an effective way to make your whole favourite recipes low-carb! You’ll should attempt tots, parmesan roasted cauliflower, and mac and cheese! They’re all so extremely good, you’ll be hooked!
Oven-Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Recipe
If you happen to aren’t already on the cauliflower practice, it’s time to get on. That is an extremely versatile vegetable and might mimic the flavour and texture of tons of various dishes! You will discover my grasp listing here, however a few of my all-time favourite recipes are “buffalo wing” cauliflower, cauliflower fritters, and Wisconsin cauliflower soup. I’m tremendous excited so as to add a brand new cauliflower recipe to the lineup right now! These “steaks” are thick cuts of cauliflower drizzled in olive oil after which coated in garlic, paprika, and parmesan cheese. All you’ve bought to do is roast them for 20 minutes within the oven! They prove heat, tender, and flavorful each time. A tasty facet in a pinch! Good for you busy mothers on the market.
Cauliflower is nice as a result of it has a really gentle taste when cooked. It’s one of many few greens that my youngsters will really eat! Generally I’ll throw it right into a casserole or fried rice they usually don’t even discover. These cauliflower steaks aren’t any totally different! My household loves how mushy and flavorful they’re. I do know yours will, too! I even caught my youngest licking her plate after she completed. That’s the signal of a profitable dinner in my e-book! You’ll be able to’t go mistaken with parmesan, garlic, and paprika! The flavour of those cauliflower steaks is totally drool-worthy. Let’s make some!
Elements for Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
Solely 6 elements for a tremendous facet that’s sooo good, you’ll neglect it’s wholesome! Cauliflower steaks are tremendous easy however have essentially the most wonderful taste. If you happen to’re in search of particular person measurements, you’ll find them within the recipe card beneath!
- Cauliflower: Our MVP! As a result of we’re making “steaks” right here, you’ll need your cauliflower heads on the bigger facet.
- Olive Oil: Used to drizzle throughout your steaks. If you need one of the best taste, attempt utilizing extra-virgin olive oil!
- Paprika: Provides a light, candy spice.
- Garlic: Garlic is a should! It makes your cauliflower steaks good and savory. They odor completely divine once they’re cooking, too!
- Salt and Pepper: Sprinkle salt and pepper on to reinforce your flavors!
- Parmesan: Parmesan makes the whole lot higher! I really like the delicate cheesiness it provides to the flavour of the cauliflower.
Making Roasted Cauliflower Steaks
This is likely one of the best sides to whip up. It solely takes a couple of minutes however will convey your complete meal collectively, belief me! The flavour and texture of cauliflower steaks are to die for!
- Preheat Oven, Prep Caulifower: To begin, preheat the oven to 400 levels. Then, put together the cauliflower by washing it and trimming the leaves and backside of the core.
- Slice: Subsequent, slice the cauliflower into ¾ inch slices. The outer cauliflower will fall off. You’ll be able to roast them on the sides of the cauliflower steaks.
- Drizzle with Oil: Lay the cauliflower steaks right into a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil on high.
- Combine Topping: Subsequent up, mix the paprika, garlic, salt, pepper, and parmesan. Sprinkle evenly on all sides of the cauliflower.
- Roast and Serve: Roast the cauliflower for 10 minutes and flip. Roast for a further 10 minutes or till they tender and brown. Get pleasure from!
Roasted Cauliflower Ideas and Tips
Every part from selecting your cauliflower to including extra flavors, I’ve compiled a few of my favourite ideas and tips right here! Similar to it has for me, I’m positive cauliflower steaks will turn out to be a brand new favourite for you! They’re an superior facet!
- Selecting Cauliflower: Search for massive, densely-packed heads of cauliflower. Make certain they’re a brilliant white shade and freed from any blemishes or brown spots!
- Permit Air to Stream: Don’t overcrowd your pan when roasting your cauliflower. They want loads of area and airflow to turn out to be as tasty and caramelized as doable!
- Don’t Neglect to Flip: Remember to flip your cauliflower steaks midway by way of the baking time. It will make all sides tender and completely golden brown!
- Crispy Cauliflower: If you need your cauliflower to have a crispy outer layer, merely toss them in some cornflour earlier than baking!
- Including Flavors: Whereas I really like the style that paprika and garlic create, if you’d like one thing a bit of extra toned down, these are wonderful with a splash of olive oil and Italian seasoning! It’s a recent, fragrant twist on the recipe. And for those who’re wanting a bit of extra warmth, attempt including a pinch of cayenne!
Roasted cauliflower goes with absolutely anything. They’re a traditional facet for issues like hen and steak, however have loads of different wonderful pairings, too! I like throwing them into curry, or including to salads and rice bowls. It’s an incredible low-carb manner so as to add taste to no matter you’re making!
Storing Leftover Cauliflower Steaks
If you happen to don’t find yourself ending this tasty facet, it may be saved and loved later! Right here’s find out how to preserve it as recent and scrumptious as doable.
- Within the Fridge: You’ll be able to retailer your leftover cauliflower steaks in an hermetic container for as much as 5 days.
- Reheating: Since cauliflower has a excessive water content material, I desire reheating it within the oven. I’ve discovered that reheating it within the microwave can generally make it soggy. To reheat, place your cauliflower on a baking sheet within the oven at 350 levels Fahrenheit till warmed by way of. Ensure to not let your cauliflower burn, as this makes the veggie fairly bitter.
Preheat the oven to 400 levels. Put together the cauliflower by washing it and trimming the leaves and backside of the core.
Slice the cauliflower into ¾ inch slices. The outer cauliflower will fall off. You’ll be able to roast them on the sides of the cauliflower steaks.
Mix the paprika, garlic, salt, pepper, and parmesan. Sprinkle evenly on all sides of the cauliflower.
Roast the cauliflower for 10 minutes and flip. Roast for a further 10 minutes or till they’re tender and brown.
Energy141kcal (7%)Carbohydrates15g (5%)Protein6g (12%)Fats8g (12%)Saturated Fats1g (5%)Polyunsaturated Fats1gMonounsaturated Fats5gLdl cholesterol1mgSodium398mg (17%)Potassium875mg (25%)Fiber6g (24%)Sugar6g (7%)Vitamin A257IU (5%)Vitamin C139mg (168%)Calcium81mg (8%)Iron1mg (6%)
All dietary info relies on third social gathering calculations and is simply an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will range relying on the manufacturers you utilize, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.