Potatoes are a scrumptious, nutrient-dense vegetable and an awesome choice to gas your exercises. They’ve extra potassium than a banana and are an awesome supply of vitamin C. Potassium is a crucial electrolyte that aids in muscle, cardiovascular and nervous system perform. And, vitamin C may help increase your physique’s immune system!
Carbs are essential gas for the muscle tissue throughout train, significantly intense and/or extended train, in order that they’re key that can assist you run your finest!
I truly crave salt greater than candy once I’m coaching for a half marathon or full marathon (like I’m proper now). And I really like that it is a scrumptious savory breakfast possibility I can take pleasure in earlier than or after a run.
This Breakfast Baked Potato Recipe is a scrumptious supply of carbohydrates and protein to assist gas your exercises and maintain you full all morning.
You’ll love this recipe if…
- You take pleasure in savory breakfast choices
- You’re keen on potatoes any time (like I do)
- You don’t like typical breakfast meals
- You’re uninterested in your normal pre-run meals
- You need to gas your physique with entire meals
- 4 potatoes
- 8 eggs
- 4 inexperienced onions, chopped
- 1 purple bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup sharp cheddar
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 levels. Wash the potatoes and piece with a fork.
- Wrap every one in foil and bake for 45 minutes or till tender when pierced with a fork. (Baking time is dependent upon the dimensions of your potatoes.) Let cool till secure to deal with.
- Minimize every potato in half and scoop out about half the insides (making room for the egg). [Set insides aside and use for another meal.]
- Place on a baking sheet. Season every potato with salt and pepper. Then, fastidiously crack an egg into the middle of every. Prime with 1/8 the bell pepper and cheese. Repeat with the remaining potatoes.
- Bake 10-Quarter-hour till egg is about. Prime with inexperienced onion (and scorching sauce for those who like it as a lot as I do!).
Take pleasure in!
This submit is sponsored by Potatoes USA. See our privateness coverage for extra data.