These straightforward breakfast enchiladas are SO GOOD! They’re crammed with sausage, eggs, and salsa and are lined with the most effective sauce. You received’t be capable of cease at only one!
I like an excellent savory breakfast option! These enchiladas actually hit the spot with all the eggs, sausage, and salsa! Plus. they’re really easy and scrumptious that my youngsters ask for them ALL the time. And when my youngsters ask for one thing then I ship! Not solely are these enchiladas so good however you’ll be able to simply change them as much as make them precisely what you want! You may make them with all veggies, change up the meat, add some bacon and alter up the kind of salsa that you simply use!
As a result of these are really easy to make and alter them up! They’re on our breakfast rotation on a regular basis! Use these homemade tortillas to make them additional scrumptious. And never solely that, they’re tremendous filling so I’m not desirous to snack by 10:00 am. Go forward and provides these a strive. Your youngsters will thanks for them later! Oh, and did I point out which you can make these the night time earlier than? It doesn’t get a lot better than that! See the field under to learn how to arrange them forward of time!
Substances in Breakfast Enchiladas
Like I mentioned earlier than, you’ll be able to add or take away no matter substances you need and make these good only for you! However right here is an effective place to begin. See the recipe card under for precise ingredient measurements.
- Turkey sausage: I used turkey sausage however you should use any pork or breakfast sausage that you simply love!
- Salsa: I like to make use of chunky salsa as a result of then I can style the individial veggies in each chew!
- Eggs: The eggs get scrambled and blended in and are so scrumptious!
- Salt: That is used to reinforce the flavour of all the different substances!
- Pepper: This brings all the flavour however isn’t sufficient to have any warmth.
- Onion powder: I like utilizing this as a substitute of standard onions as a result of it blends so properly.
- Mexican cheese: You should use Monterey Jack cheese in case you have that as a substitute!
- 4 tortillas: You should use storebought or these wonderful homemade tortillas!
- Heavy cream: That is what makes the sauce soo creamy!
- Salsa verde: You may as well use a can of inexperienced enchilada sauce.
- Cilantro: That is elective!
- Avocado, diced tomatoes, inexperienced onion, cilantro: These are just a few concepts which you can placed on prime!
Let’s Make Some Enchiladas!
These breakfast enchiladas are tremendous straightforward and take lower than an hour to make… and that features baking time!
- Coat with salsa: Coat the underside of the ready pan with ¼ cup salsa verde.
- Heat and fill tortillas: You possibly can heat the tortillas for 20 seconds within the microwave to make rolling simpler! Then, fill every tortilla with about ½ cup of the sausage and egg combination. Sprinkle a small quantity of shredded cheese over the filling earlier than rolling the tortilla tightly. Place the rolled tortilla into the ready pan with the seam facet down. Repeat till the baking dish is full. You might need leftover filling relying how full you fill the tortillas.
- Add sauce and cheese to prime: Pour the enchilada sauce evenly over the enchiladas after which prime with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake and garnish: Bake for 25 minutes or till golden and bubbly. When they’re completed, take them out and garnish with avocado, inexperienced onion, diced tomatoes, and cilantro!
If you happen to’re like me then you’ll love these breakfast enchiladas and make them a LOT! And the rationale why I do is that I can change it as much as be totally different each time! Listed here are some concepts which you can attempt to do the identical.
- Toppings: Change up what you placed on prime! I like utilizing pink or orange bell peppers, diced mango, pink onions, roasted cauliflower, or zucchini!
- Use totally different tortillas: If you happen to don’t love flour tortillas then you should use corn tortillas as a substitute! Here’s a recipe for homemade corn tortillas.
- Change up the meat: The great thing about this recipe is which you can combine and match with no matter you will have readily available! Use floor turkey, Italian sausage or pork or floor beef. You possibly can even use cooked bacon!
How one can Make These Forward of Time
It’s tremendous straightforward to make these breakfast enchiladas forward of time! Simply comply with the recipe however earlier than you bake it (and WITHOUT the sauce), put it in a sealed, hermetic container and put them within the fridge. If you find yourself able to prepare dinner them, combine up the enchilada sauce and put it on. Bake it based on the instructions and voila! You’ve got a scrumptious breakfast that is able to eat in lower than 25 minutes!
Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 13×9 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Put aside.
In a big saucepan, prepare dinner the sausage over medium-high warmth till absolutely cooked. About 5-7 minutes. Drain the oil from the pan. Add ½ cup chunky salsa to the meat. Stir to mix. Take away the sausage combination from the pan and set it apart.
In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the eggs, salt, pepper, and onion powder. Add a few tablespoons of water to the combination to assist make your eggs fluffy.
Cook dinner the eggs in the identical pan because the sausage. Cook dinner over medium warmth till the eggs are scrambled. Add the cooked sausage combination to eggs, and stir till all of the substances are mixed.
Put together the enchilada sauce by whisking or mixing collectively the salsa verde, heavy cream, and cilantro.
Coat the underside of the ready pan with ¼ cup salsa verde.
You possibly can heat the tortillas for 20 seconds within the microwave to make rolling simpler if you need. Fill every tortilla with about ½ cup of the sausage and egg combination. Sprinkle a small quantity of shredded cheese over the filling earlier than rolling the tortilla tightly. Place the rolled tortilla into the ready pan with the seam facet down. Repeat till the baking dish is full. Further filling could also be leftover relying on how full you fill the tortillas.
Pour the enchilada sauce evenly over the enchiladas, and prime with remaining shredded cheese.
Bake for 25 minutes or till golden and bubbly. Garnish with avocado, inexperienced onion, diced tomatoes, and cilantro if desired.
-White flour, complete wheat tortillas, or corn tortillas can be utilized.
-Egg whites or a mix of eggs and egg whites can be utilized.
-Search for chunky jarred salsa with inexperienced chillies and/or peppers for added taste.
-This recipe is so versatile. You possibly can add black beans, cooked onions and peppers, cooked hash browns…any sort of breakfast or Mexican ingredient that you simply want.
-A further pan and tortillas could also be wanted relying on how a lot filling is leftover.
Serving1enchiladaEnergy353kcal (18%)Carbohydrates28g (9%)Protein21g (42%)Fats16g (25%)Saturated Fats6g (30%)Polyunsaturated Fats3gMonounsaturated Fats6gTrans Fats1gLdl cholesterol242mg (81%)Sodium1021mg (43%)Potassium354mg (10%)Fiber2g (8%)Sugar3g (3%)Vitamin A570IU (11%)Vitamin C2mg (2%)Calcium105mg (11%)Iron3mg (17%)
All dietary info relies on third celebration calculations and is simply an estimate. Every recipe and dietary worth will differ relying on the manufacturers you employ, measuring strategies and portion sizes per family.