Turkey pot pie is a comforting and delicious meal that is perfect for cold winter evenings. This recipe uses biscuits as the crust, giving the pot pie a flaky and buttery top layer that pairs perfectly with the creamy and savory filling.
To make a turkey pot pie with biscuits, you will need:
- 2 cups cooked and diced turkey
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (such as peas, carrots, and green beans)
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 can (7.5 ounces) of refrigerated biscuits
Here’s how to make the pot pie:
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked and diced turkey, frozen mixed vegetables, cream of chicken soup, milk, melted butter, flour, salt, and black pepper. Stir everything together until well combined.
- Pour the turkey and vegetable mixture into a 9-inch pie dish or a 2-quart baking dish.
- Arrange the biscuits on top of the mixture, pressing them gently into the filling.
- Bake the pot pie for 20-25 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown and the filling is hot and bubbly.
- Let the pot pie cool for a few minutes before serving. Serve it hot, with a sprinkle of chopped herbs or a dollop of sour cream on top, if desired.
This turkey pot pie with biscuits recipe is a great way to use up leftover Thanksgiving turkey, or to make a quick and easy dinner any time of year. The creamy filling and flaky biscuit crust are a perfect combination, and the mixed vegetables add a pop of color and nutrition to the dish. Plus, this recipe is easy to customize – you can use any vegetables you have on hand, or add in some diced onions, bell peppers, or other ingredients to give the pot pie extra flavor and texture. Enjoy!